Candino was founded in 1947 by Adolf Flury-Hug, who opened a watch-making studio in the annex of his family home in Herbetswil in the Swiss canton of Solothurn. Even today, the original workshop proudly remains standing beside the company's ultra-modern factory inaugurated in 1989. Not by chance has it resisted the onslaughts of time and modernization - for it's a symbol of the commitment of Candino to remain faithful to the principles of its founders. A new wind has been blowing since 6 years in Bienne, where the general management offices are located, together with the sales, marketing and administration department. Indeed, in 2002 Candino joined the Festina Group. This merger has proven to be extremely constructive, and provided additional dynamism for all concerned. Candino has benefited from improved managerial know-how, logistics and distribution channels. In return, it has strengthened the middle-range segment of the group and brought about its Swiss Made tradition and technical manufacturing expertise.